Wouldn’t you like to hit more fairways? Trying to shoot a good score from the rough, woods, or creek is no fun and puts pressure on your iron play and short game and in this article, we will help you find the easiest driver to hit so you can start your par 4 or 5 holes in the best possible way.
Regardless if you are playing from the ladies’ tees, the senior tees, the men’s tees, or the tips, hitting the ball straight is critical to your success! Of course, more distance with your driver is great, but long & wrong is much worse than short & straight.
The options for new driver technology can feel endless, but what is the easiest driver to hit? Whether you are an elite player or a high handicapper, couldn’t you use a driver you can trust on tight par 4?
In a typical round of golf, how often do you mis-hit your driver?
Does your current club protect you from these off-center shots? In recent years, golf club manufacturers have made breakthroughs on giving players more forgiveness without sacrificing distance.
Take advantage of new driver technology to make the game of golf easier.
We can all use a little help!
Picking the Right Driver to Hit Straighter
What should look for in a new driver if your primary goal is to improve the accuracy of your tee shots and what makes a club straighter than others? Some key features include:
Adjustability – Most new drivers allow you to alter the club to fit your golf swing, but most amateurs don’t take advantage of this feature. The ability to adjust loft, weighting, launch angle and draw/fade bias can truly help your game, if you use it the right way.
Visit your local driving range and play around with the settings to determine how they change your shots.
Large Sweet Spot – no one hits the exact center of the club on every swing. What you want is a club that is forgiving when make a bad swing. Look for weight design that allows more of the club face to perform “like the center”.
Corrective Measures – do you fight a specific miss off the tee? Are you a hooker or slicer? Many drivers are designed to help with a certain problem and matching your miss to the right driver can help you hit straighter tee shots.
All golfers are looking for the easiest driver to hit, that provides maximum distance and accuracy. You can find clubs like this now – below are five that are worth consideration.
TaylorMade M6 Driver (460cc)
The TaylorMade M6 Driver is both long and straight, with technology that is trusted by PGA tour professionals, including Tiger Woods.
TaylorMade’s Twist Face technology was designed for you to hit more fairways – the face is curved to help correct mis-hits (by reducing sidespin) and feels stable at impact, even on off center shots.
If distance is what you crave, the M6 has several features focused on speed. Every head is individually tested and injected with tuning resin to maximize speed.
The Hammerhead 2.0 slot in the sole of the driver elevates distance while increasing the size of the sweet spot. The driver also includes the Inertia Generator, which stores weight low and back to improve forgiveness.
You also have choices on how your driver is built – the club comes with your choice of two Fujikura shafts, in 4 different flexes (Senior, Regular, Stiff, Extra Stiff).
You can use your wrench to adjust loft and alter the weight in the rear of the head. The club comes with a TaylorMade Dual Feel grip.
- Accuracy – TaylorMade has made helping you hit more fairways a goal.
- Long – several different features designed to help you increase your speed.
- Moderately priced, for drivers in this category.
- Brand – TaylorMade has been making drivers for years and is a well-trusted brand in the golf community.
- Not as many options as other drivers – only two shaft choices and adjustability is slightly limited, compared to alternative high end clubs.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK PRICE
Cobra Golf 2019 F9 Men’s Speedback Driver
The Cobra King driver series has been pleasing golfers for years, but this is the first model to include the Speedback design. This creates an aerodynamic shape and allows an extremely low center of gravity – this combination creates speed and distance.
Cobra didn’t stop there, adding technology all over the face. First, it is CNC milled which allows them to create a more consistent, thinner face.
Second, they added different curvature to the top and bottom of the face. This allows the club to help you if you hit a ball high on the face or thin.
And finally, Cobra realized that we sometimes hit shots on the toe or the heel, so they added bulges to reduce the variance from these parts of the club head. You put all of this together and you get straighter, more consistent ball flights.
Multiple options for adjustability. The MyFly8 allows you to select from 8 different lofts, while Smart Pad technology ensures the face stays square, regardless of your loft selection.
This driver also includes Adjustable CG – you can rotate two different size weights to alter the center of gravity to your preference.
Another cool feature is Cobra CONNECT. Cobra has partnered with Arccos to create a grip that works in conjunction with your smartphone Arccos Driver app to provide you with data on how you are hitting the club.
The F9 Speedback driver comes with your choice of 4 premium shafts and a Cobra Lamkin Crossline Connect grip.
- Very economically priced for a driver with this much technology.
- Cobra invested time and money to develop this CNC milled face that is both hot and helps with accuracy.
- Great adjustability options – tinker on the range and find the setting combination that works best for you.
- Cobra CONNECT is a unique feature.
- Brand – Cobra is known in the golf world for making “cool” products and this driver is another example.
- This driver came out in early 2019 – if you want a club that was just released, this isn’t the one for you.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK PRICE
Cleveland Golf Launcher Turbo Driver
The Cleveland Launcher Turbo driver was just awarded “Gold” in the 2020 Golf Digest Hot List. It is an exciting new driver option for the average player looking for more distance and accuracy.
Cleveland created their TurboCharged Cup Face to create higher ball speeds and the design of the head allows them to redistribute weight low and deep. This leads to a low center of gravity for higher launch and more forgiveness.
This driver comes with a Miyazaki C. Kua shaft that has been specifically designed for the Launcher Turbo – the shaft’s weight is higher than normal, creating increased MOI (moment of inertia) and more distance.
If you struggle with a slice, this driver is available with a draw-bias. The club is built with a Lamkin 360 grip.
- Less is More – Cleveland purposely built a simple driver without adjustability, believing that many amateur golfers don’t use these features or potentially use them incorrectly.
- Draw-bias option – a unique offering that many high handicappers will enjoy – if you fight the slice, this may be the answer to your prayers.
- Economically priced for a new release, award winning driver.
- Loud, Robust, Solid sounding club – announces you are on the tee.
- No adjustability and no choice on shaft.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK PRICE
Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Max Driver
The Callaway Mavrik Max Driver was released in early 2020 and immediately made an impact, winning “Gold” in the Golf Digest Hot List.
Callaway is well known for making high quality, high tech drivers and the Mavrik is no exception. It was built with a new, A.I. (artificial intelligence) designed flash face to promote higher ball speeds.
The head was constructed with FS2S titanium, an extremely strong metal that weighs 6 grams less than what is typically used to build a driver.
Callaway’s Jailbreak Technology is included – two internal bars connect the sole and the crown, creating a more stable, hotter face.
Two interchangeable weights (2 grams and 14 grams) allow you to determine how the club will behave. Place the 14g weight in the heel and promote a draw. Place it in the rear for max forgiveness. The Mavrik may be the easiest driver to hit straight on the market.
The driver is offered in 3 different lofts (9, 10.5, 12) and you have the ability to tweak the loft with your wrench as well.
Your choice of 2 premium shafts (Project X or UST) gives you plenty of options and the club comes with a Golf Pride Tour Velvet Align grip.
- Distance – this club is hot and if you hit it solid, you will get more yardage from your tee shots.
- Interchangeable weights – gives the player great flexibility – you can stop a slice or set the club to be as forgiving as possible on any miss.
- Brand – Callaway as been a top driver brand since the Big Bertha was released in 1991 – Mavrik is another great addition to their catalog.
- Grip – love the Golf Pride Align grip.
- Premium price, you have to pay for this one – might get some sticker shock.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK PRICE
TaylorMade SIM MAX-D Driver
If you are looking for something new, the TaylorMade SIM MAX-D driver is worth a try. It was released and quickly found itself winning Gold on the 2020 Golf Digest Hot List.
The engineers took a unique approach the designing the shape of the head. Using an asymmetric sole design and the new version of their Inertia Generator they have optimized aerodynamics and speed, producing longer tee shots.
Understanding that most amateur golfers struggle with a slide, they built the SIM Max-D with heel weighting to promote a draw, while making the face appear more open at address.
Not wanting to fix something that wasn’t broke, the designers used their famous Twist Face technology to help stabilize the club and reduce sideways spin. Creating straighter drives for all players.
Do you like making adjustments? The TaylorMade Loft Sleeve Technology gives you twelve different choices for loft and face angle. Dial this driver in how you like it!
You can purchase this club in 3 different lofts (9, 10.5, 12) and it comes with a UST graphite shaft. The driver will have a Golf Pride Z grip.
- Kills the slice – if you are looking for a high-tech solution to the right side of the course, this driver fits the bill.
- Brand – TaylorMade has built on the success of previous models, to create something new and exciting – they consistently deliver high quality clubs.
- Distance – the ball really pops off this face – launches the ball high in the air.
- Pricey – freshly released, this premium driver is going to cost a little extra.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK PRICE
Test and Study for Golf Driver Success
No two golf swings are exactly the same. The easiest driver to hit for you, might not work as well for someone else. All of the drivers listed above are great clubs, but which one is perfect for you?
The best option is to try them all on the driving range. Maybe you can find a demo day in your area, but the odds are low you will get a chance to hit all of the options before you make your decision.
With that in mind, how do you make the call? Analyze your game and don’t forget about appearances.
What is your biggest challenge with your existing driver? Do you have a big slice? If so, go with a draw-biased club. Do you struggle with distance? If so, make your selection based on speed and distance technology in the driver.
Do you have a two-way miss? Pick the club that offers overall forgiveness, not just preventing one type of shot. Understanding your game and swing will help you narrow down the options.
Don’t forget about the importance of how you feel about the driver. Do you like the way it looks and do you prefer a certain brand of golf club?
Confidence when you stand on the tee box is a critical component of success, so don’t underestimate the mental side of the game.
A new driver can help you hit it straighter and increase your love of the game. Give some thought to your decision, make a choice, and get ready to rip more drives down the fairway.