Table of Content
What’s a golfer without a good golf bag? Golf bags are a part of your basic needs to excel on the course and the best of them are bags that have hit the sweet spot between style, quality, and price.
This is exactly what our Datrek Golf Bags reviews breakdown is all about – giving you the low down on all the bags in the current product range.
It’s difficult to choose a favorite that beats all the rest.
However, we’ll give it a shot in this review of the best 5 Datrek golf bags.
1. Datrek Lite Rider Pro Golf Cart Bag
First on our list is the Datrek Lite Rider Pro Golf Cart Bag and that should come as no surprise because this golf bag is popular for being outstanding.
It is a cart bag with a sleek design and functionality that makes it ideal for every player, whether you like to use a push or riding cart.
The golf bag features a 15-way organizer with full-length individual dividers that gives you ample space for your clubs to keep them organized and protect.
You could also easily fit other items in these spaces.
Then there’s the oversized and rubberized putter well for your most used club. The soft-grip handles contribute to comfort and handling.
And you might be impressed by this golf bag’s other features like its umbrella holder and a towel ring with a glove holder, insulated cooler pocket, accessory pockets, full-length garment pockets, and fleece-lined valuables pockets.
Advantages of the Datrek Lite Rider Pro Golf Cart Bag
- The 15-way organizer with full-length individual dividers helps keep your clubs easily accessible. As well as the oversized putter well easily accepts an oversize grip and keeps a putter away from the other clubs so it can be removed easily.
- It’s lightweight and versatile.
- Its various compartments help keep everything in place.
- With this golf cart bag, you can enjoy the use of its waterproof drink holder pocket that also drains extra moisture to the bottom of your drink sweats.
Disadvantages of this golf cart bag – What could be better with it?
- This Datrek golf cart bag doesn’t have much to dislike, but some users have complained about not having clear directions to help them use some features.
In conclusion, the Datrek Lite Rider Pro Golf Cart Bag is a solid cart bag choice with more pros than cons. It gives value for its affordable cost.
2. Datrek Transit Golf Cart Bag – BEST BUY
This best buy pick is the Datrek Transit Golf Cart Bag and is suitably described as the definition of ease.
It’s a cart bag with the helpful addition of a smooth-rolling 2-wheeled base and retracting handle letting you choose to either walk or ride, with everything you need tucked in nicely.
Unlike the first Datrek golf bag we’ve reviewed above, this one has a 14-way organizer with full-length individual dividers (IDS).
It’s outfitted with a soft-grip putter well, 8 zippered pockets, and a deluxe neoprene handle.
The umbrella holder and matching rain hood with twin access, big ball pocket, accessory pocket, insulated cooler pocket, valuables, and garment pockets are among the popular features.
Advantages of the Datrek Transit Golf Cart Bag
- The smooth-rolling 2-wheeled base and retracting handle make this cart bag extremely versatile and helpful for golfers. It helps move from car to cart without all the physical exertion.
- It has plenty of pockets to keep a golfer’s essentials for the field.
- Regardless of its functionalities, this cart bag remains lightweight to further increase convenience.
Disadvantages of this Transit golf cart bag – What could be better with it?
- For this golf cart bag, one of the few things some users have complained about is also one of its best features – the wheels. Some users have said the wheels are too small and that adding a strap would be nice.
In conclusion, the Transit golf cart bag is an ideal choice, especially when you’re looking for ease and convenience as a golfer.
3. Datrek DG Lite II Cart Bag Set
If you’re specific about weight and getting the best of the latest golf bag features from Datrek, then you might find your needs in the Datrek DG Lite II Cart Bag Set.
It’s a dedicated cart bag weighing only 4.25 pounds and with forward-facing pockets for optimum accessibility.
The bag boasts a 14-way organizer top with full-length individual dividers (IDS), Top-Lok Technology, a patented bag-to-cart attachment system, its soft-grip lift, and 7 zippered pockets.
We’re not forgetting its umbrella holder, towel ring with glove holder, and rain hood with dual access.
Advantages of the Datrek DG Lite II Cart Bag Set
- The super lightweight quality makes this golf bag very convenient to use. Especially for seniors.
- It’s also stylish and easily attracts compliments.
- The pockets are large, offering plenty of space but easy to manage.
- Some female golfers will especially love this cart bag.
Disadvantages of this DG lite golf cart bag
A few users have mentioned wanting even more pockets, which is fair enough when you consider all the extra gear a golfer must carry on the course.
In conclusion, this cart bag is quite the stylish pick and is flexible, lightweight, and comfortable to use for golfers who need those exact features.
4. Datrek Go Lite Hybrid Golf Stand Bag
So far, we’ve reviewed cart golf bags, each with its unique qualities.
Now, meet the Datrek Go Lite Hybrid Golf Stand Bag, a hybrid golf bag in every sense of the word.
If you always wanted a bag that does it all – designed for walking and carting – this is it.
This stand bag was chosen for the 2018 Golf Digest Editors’ Choice Award in the category of “Best Hybrid Golf Bag”.
It comes with a 14-Way organizer top with full-length individual dividers, 6 Zippered pockets, soft, protective materials on the putter well, cushioned foam hip pad on the side for added comfort, and an ergonomic double shoulder pad for easy carrying.
As far as pocket functionality, the stand bag also has an insulated drink compartment to keep everything nice and cold.
Other features include lockable stand legs with slide-resistant traction feet, the riding and push cart compatible base, a lift-assist handle, pen, divot, towel, umbrella, and glove tool holders.
Advantages of the Datrek Go Lite Hybrid Golf Stand Bag
- The stand bag seems very well built, in both design and quality.
- It’s affordable for its unique features.
- It’s versatile and can be used in any situation of walking, pushing, and riding.
- This golf bag is a popular and loved one.
- The weight is almost “perfect” – not too light but comfortable on the shoulder for a full round of 18 holes.
Disadvantages of this Go Lite Hybrid golf stand bag
It’s hard to find any cons or disadvantages but to nit-pick, you could argue that the bag is a little “band” or boring.
In conclusion, it would seem this cart bag does indeed stand out among other Datrek golf bags.
It ticks all the qualities for golfers and is so close to being considered the perfect golf bag choice any day.
5. Datrek Superlite Cart Bag Black
Our fifth pick on the best Datrek golf bags that stand out is the Datrek Superlite Cart Bag Black.
It is designed with features such as its 15-way top for club organization, 4 Full-Length Dividers, and an integrated rubberized handle with a dedicated putter well for oversized clubs.
While most of its features seem more portable than our other picks on the list, this cart bag still comes through with easy-grip zipper pulls, an umbrella holder, a matching rain hood with dual access, a pen, and divot tool holders, and an insulated cooler sleeve.
There’s an oversized ball pocket, as well as three accessory pockets. The cart still qualifies as lightweight at only 4.4 Lbs.
Advantages of the Datrek Superlite Cart Bag Black
- When you’re looking for a dependable golf cart bag that has a little of everything, this could be your best bet.
- The 15-way organizer and putter well ensure you’re always ready to go.
- The pockets are just sufficient and the cart bag is simple, stylish, and functional.
Disadvantages of Superlite golf cart bag
The bag is solid but is also a little bulky, golfers under 5ft. 6″ may find the bag a struggle to carry around either 9 or 18 holes.
In conclusion, simplicity is what the Superlite golf cart bag is really about. It’s just right for your needs but not big on extra amazing features. A great find for its reasonable price.
Wrapping it up….
We reviewed all 5 of our best standout golf bags from Datrek. You could agree it’s quite the list with some impressively designed golf bags most golfers would love.
Datrek continues to lead in the industry of golf bags and brings style, price, and functionality together for every kind of golfer.