Table of Content
- 1. Forcefield Waterproofing Spray
- 2. KIWI Sneaker Protector: Waterproof Spray for Shoes
- 3. Soulmates All-Weather Protector
- 4. Skechers Shoe and Sneaker Water Proofer
- 5. Rust-Oleum Boot and Shoe Spray Water Repeller
- Do Golf Shoes Need to Be Waterproof?
- How Do You Keep Golf Shoes Waterproof?
- What About Gore-Tex Golf Shoes – are they Waterproof?
- Are You Ready to Tough it Out on the Course?
Golfers know that a day on the course requires a lot of gear. A keen eye for course strategy, a sturdy bag to carry it all in, and high-quality golf shoes are just some of the necessities.
But what about the weather? If you’re looking for waterproofing for your golf shoes so that you don’t have to stop mid-round because of rain or puddles on the green, then this guide is perfect for you.
We’ll be reviewing the popular brands and the best waterproofing product will depend on your budget, the type of golf shoe you have, and whether being water repellent is good enough to keep your golf shoes protected out on the course.
Some of the questions we will look to answer will include:
- What should you look for when waterproofing your golf shoes?
- How often does it need to be reapplied?
- Is waterproofing spray the right option for everyone, or is there an alternative we should consider?
Let’s start off by checking out the top pick for making golf shoes water repellent:
1. Forcefield Waterproofing Spray
The product has a hydrophobic formula that causes the water to bead off while maintaining the breathability of footwear and gear.
It is ideal for sneakers, apparel, outerwear, and hats. One application of the forcefield lasts up to 12 months.
For golf shoes, Forcefield can be sprayed directly on leather or synthetic. It will actually provide an invisible shield for golf shoes so when it rains, your feet stay dry.
For shoes with mesh, one must spray the product directly over the exterior of the shoe to preserve breathability and maximize waterproofing.
- Keeps water out with minimal to no absorption.
- Provides an invisible shield that lasts up to 12 months.
- Easy application process – simply shake and spray.
- Water repellent, not water proof but works very well on golf shoes.
Overall, Forcefield is a good way of keeping your feet dry while you play. It’s easy to apply and lasts for many rounds before needing to be reapplied.
If you’re looking for a good waterproofing product that isn’t too costly and can provide protection from heavy rain and can be used on other items of clothing then check it out.
2. KIWI Sneaker Protector: Waterproof Spray for Shoes
This protection from the elements can last up to 15 rainy days and guards against the worst that nature has to offer, including rain.
The spray, coming in a handy 4.25 oz can is safe for leather, synthetic, faux leather, mesh, and canvas golf shoes or sneakers.
It’s easy to use, well-reviewed, and is produced by the market leader KIWI has a good reputation for other shoe care products.
- Ideal for waterproofing golf shoes that have mesh or canvas uppers.
- Easy to use and does not need to be applied more than twice a month.
- Made by market leader KIWI, this spray gets good overall reviews from buyers.
- The can is small and protection only lasts for around two weeks.
In general, the KIWI Sneaker spray offers decent protection and only needs to be reapplied every two weeks for good protection out on the golf course.
There is some debate as to whether or not the product actually makes shoes 100% waterproof, but customers report that it does keep out rain and can even protect against tough stains.
3. Soulmates All-Weather Protector
The product contains no synthetic fragrances, but rather the alluring aroma of carnauba wax which will repel rain and prevent stains from drying on the surface of your shoes – simply wipe off any stains in just a few seconds.
It’s easy to apply, can be used on all types of shoes and other clothing such as golf jackets, pants, and hats making it versatile and safe to use.
Even in harsh conditions, such as golfing near the end or the beginning of the golf season, you only need to apply once every few weeks for maximum protection.
- 100% natural spray that lasts for many rounds of golf.
- Ideal for users who are environmentally conscious.
- Does not use harsh chemicals or leave behind a white residue when applying to your golf shoes.
- Effective protection for leather golf shoes.
- Some users mention that you might need to spray more than once for full water protection.
We love the fact that Soulmates has produced a winning 100% natural product and overall, is a good way of keeping your golf shoes protected from rain, stains, and even moisture.
However, despite some users having complained that the product does not provide complete water protection, we feel for golfers this spray is one of the best waterproofing for golf shoes.
4. Skechers Shoe and Sneaker Water Proofer
This well known US-based company has created a spray that overlays a breathable barrier against water, liquids, and stains with a special formulation that is aimed at protecting against bad weather.
This handy-sized spray works not just for fashion sneakers but golf shoes as well, including traditional leather spiked golf shoes, or spikeless shoes.
If your brand is Footjoy, Nike, Adidas, Nike or Callaway then should provide effective protection against rain on the golf course fairways.
This guard can last up to 3 months in general use with easy application instructions.
- A popular brand with a solid reputation for good footwear products.
- Can protect against water, mud, dirt, and other kinds of shoe stains.
- Comes at a reasonable price compared with some similar waterproofing for golf shoe products.
- Environmentally friendly.
- The bottle is a little flimsy and fragile.
- Just shake well before use otherwise not as effective.
Although the Skechers waterproof she sprat does its job, the flimsy-looking bottle really lets it down because it is not as robust as it should be for this type of product.
Having said that, the overall customer reviews are positive and customers clearly feel they get good value for money with the Skechers Shoe Waterproofer.
5. Rust-Oleum Boot and Shoe Spray Water Repeller
It utilizes a super hydrophobic coating to create an invisible barrier and works well for golf shoes and sneakers, even in bad, rainy weather.
The spray helps protect against water, liquids, and stains while preserving the appearance of your footwear.
It’s easy to use with its step trigger spray application, which will not change the appearance or feel of items.
Recommended for 3-4 times per year during golf season, one 11 fluid-ounce bottle should last a long time even with regular use.
- The hydrophobic coating adds good protection to your golf shoes.
- A big 11-ounce bottle provides excellent value for the money.
- Can protect against water, mud, dirt, and other stains.
- Can be used on other golf clothing to help protect against the rain.
- Some users complained about the spray changing the color of 100% leather shoes.
- The bottle can be prone to leaking.
This non-aerosol product is both effective in keeping golf shoes waterproofed for an extended time and offers value for money due to the large-sized bottle.
But the bottle itself is a little fragile and it’s no surprise that buyers have complained about it leaking.
Other than this, it’s a good waterproofing golf shoe spray and we especially like its ability to work on other items of clothing and footwear.
Do Golf Shoes Need to Be Waterproof?
If you play golf regularly and live in the colder US states then yes it is recommended that you wear waterproofed golf shoes. In golf, wet feet can negatively affect your base stance and core balance.
Plus having damp or wet feet is not good for health reasons.
High-quality waterproofed golf shoes are now available with the latest technology to provide warmth and protection by wicking away moisture from your skin.
If you do not like wearing waterproofed golf shoes and find them too restrictive or stiff then consider using an overshoe to protect your normal footwear.
Alternatively, use one of the best waterproofing for golf shoes spray applications reviewed in this guide.
How Do You Keep Golf Shoes Waterproof?
The best way to keep your golf shoes waterproof is to use a non-toxic spray that is both kind to natural leather and offers good protection in the rain.
For synthetic shoes always wipe with a clean damp cloth after use and continue to regularly spray throughout the season but always read the instructions on the bottle or can.
There are several sprays available from well-known brands. Take your time to research what products are on offer and then read the customer reviews before making a decision.
Some waterproofing for golf shoe products even work on sneakers, so consider using this alternative if you do not like wearing normal golf shoes while out on the course.
What About Gore-Tex Golf Shoes – are they Waterproof?
Gore Tex golf shoes are 100% waterproof and offer very good all-around protection whilst playing golf in bad weather. Despite being high-priced shoes, Gore-Tex is also durable and hard-wearing making them a sound investment for golfers.
True, ECCO, Peter Millar, Footjoy, Duca del Cosma and Under Armour are the best brands to look to for when it comes to Gore-Tex golfing clothing and shoes.
Are You Ready to Tough it Out on the Course?
As the weather gets more unpredictable, it becomes important to have a plan for wet days.
Golfers need good waterproofing spray in order to prevent an uncomfortable experience on the course and our best waterproofing for golf shoes round-up demonstrates that there are good products out there to help.
The best pick is Forcefield Waterproofing Spray because of its ability to stay on your shoe and not wear off during use.