Table of Content
- The 5 Best Apps to Keep Track of Golf Scoring
- mScorecard App
- EasyScore Golf Scorecard
- Golf GameBook
- TAG Heuer Golf – Scorecard
- GolfStatus App
- FAQs: What You Need to Know about Golf Scorecard Apps!
- Easy to Use Golf Scoring Apps to Download
Keeping score out on the golf course with nothing more than a pencil and a sheet of flimsy card might just be a thing of the past.
Given the digitized world that we live in, there’s seemingly an app for everything – and tracking your golf score is no different.
And because of the variety of apps that you can download on Android and iOS, we present you with five of the best golf scorecard apps that you can download today and explain our reasoning for introducing each of them.
The 5 Best Apps to Keep Track of Golf Scoring
Thanks to progressions in technology, we’re spoiled for choice when looking for a scorecard app. As such, we thought it would be helpful to introduce you to the best apps out there for both iPhone and iPad IOS plus Android, including:
- Golf GameBook
- TAG Heuer Golf – Scorecard
We run through the features, pros, and cons of each of these apps and provide you with our overall verdict of whether or not they’re worth your while.
Let’s begin with a review of the popular mScorecard app.
mScorecard is one of the most popular apps for keeping score out on the golf course and is packed with features.
More than 43,000 courses are linked to the app, and you can adapt the scorecard to reflect the number of players in your game, as well as the type of game you’re playing (stroke-play, match-play, Stableford, etc.).
The app also includes a GPS tracker, enabling you to plan your upcoming shots and work out your distances.
The app also stores your round history and stats, which makes it easy to review your scores and amend your handicap as and when required.
- The app is free to use, although there is an in-app subscription platform that provides access to premium features.
- The handicap tracker system allows you to keep up to date with your handicap in real-time and ensures you’re always playing to the correct score.
- The variations in tee boxes aren’t indicated on every course, meaning it’s difficult to work out your precise yardage in some instances.
- Some iOS users report that the app needs to be updated to be compatible with the latest iOS upgrade.
If you’re looking for a free-to-use golf scorecard with lots of fun and helpful features, then mScorecard is well worth a shot.
It has a variety of features that will come in handy for the casual golfer and low handicapper alike.
EasyScore Golf Scorecard
One of the standout features of the EasyScore Golf Scorecard app is that it can be easily customized to the branding and details of your home golf course.
This makes it a great option for club competition players looking to upload their scores directly to the club, as opposed to marking with pencil and card, as has been traditionally the case.
As such, the solution is targeted at golf course managers and owners as opposed to individual players.
After signing up, clubs can then invite their members to submit their scores through the app and access the handicap and tournament features within.
- Fully customizable and can be tailored to any golf course.
- Players can link to a paper scorecard via a QR code, making it easy to register.
- For players to utilize the app, their home golf course needs to sign up for one of the subscription packages.
- At $100, $200, or $300 per year per golf course, it might be an additional expense that course managers and owners are unwilling to pay.
If you’re a golf club owner, manager, or competition secretary looking to make your life a lot easier when scoring your club competitions, then the EasyScore golf scorecard could be just what you’re looking for.
With more than 1 million global users, Golf GameBook is a super popular scorecard app with players at all levels of the game.
As well as providing a scorecard, Golf GameBook is a social platform that allows you to connect with friends and other users, and you can even set up tournament leader boards for friendly tournaments or club competitions.
You can join Golf GameBook for free, but the gold subscription allows you to access premium features, including an ad blocker, enhanced statistics, and the ability to customize your dashboard.
Central to both the free and paid version of the app is GPS, and you can plan your upcoming shots and calculate your distances from wherever you are on the course.
- The in-built social platform makes connecting with your friends easy.
- At just $2 per month, the paid version of the app is great value for money.
- The free version is limited and saturated with pop-up ads, making it frustrating if you’re not willing to pay for the upgrade.
- Also, to keep track of multiple scores at once, you need to sign up for a paid subscription.
If you’re happy to pay $2 per month to sign up for Golf GameBook, then it’s an excellent companion while you’re out on the course and will save you time and hassle when you’re recording your latest scores.
It’s one of the best apps to keep the score of your golf round with a quick way of connecting your fellow golfers to your own scorecard. Great for group golfers!
TAG Heuer Golf – Scorecard
There’s an important point to make here before we get started – you don’t need to buy a TAG watch to use this free scorecard app.
The app is compatible with iOS and Android, and you can link it to your smartphone or smartwatch.
As well as tracking your score, you can access real-time distances on your watch from more than 39,000 courses around the world.
If you do opt to buy a TAG-connected watch, you can access a range of premium features, including 2D course maps on your wrist, as well as club recommendations and hazard calculations.
But the watch itself will cost you several thousand dollars, so it’s not the ideal solution for everyone!
- The fact that you can connect your Apple or Android smartwatch is appealing to those who already use such a device.
- The scorecard is super easy to use on the free version of the app and will help you easily track your scores.
- To enjoy the full benefits of this app, you need to connect it to a TAG ‘connected’ watch. And with an MSRP of $2,550, it’s off-limits to most!
- Although the app is meant to be compatible with various smartwatches, some users complain that it is buggy on both Android and Apple devices.
If you have the finances available to invest in a TAG-connected golf watch, then this is one of the best apps out there!
However, if you’re only keen to use the free scorecard, then you may be better served using one of the other apps that we’ve introduced in this review for the best app to keep score.
The final app we review here is from GolfStatus.
For players, the GolfStatus app provides hole-by-hole GPS for every course in the United States and incorporates an advanced, real-time scoring system that allows you to track various stats like greens and fairways in regulation, as well as strokes lost to hazards.
You can also use your GolfStatus app to search for upcoming local tournaments and to tap into special offers and promotions listed on your dashboard.
GolfStatus is also one of the sleekest apps scorecard apps out there and has been designed with aesthetics in mind.
- The app is free to use and is packed with features, making it a great option for golfers of all levels.
- It’s highly rated on both the Apple and Play stores, as customers love the functionality and responsiveness of the app.
- Some Android users report compatibility issues on certain devices, whereas Apple users experience very few problems. Therefore, it might be the case that the app runs better and iOS than it does on Android.
The GolfStatus app is one of the best golf scorecard apps available for download. It’s sleek, packed with features, and free to download, making it well worth your time.
FAQs: What You Need to Know about Golf Scorecard Apps!
If your new to using your cel phone as a digital scorecard then checkout or common question answered on the subject:
Is there a free app to keep golf scores?
Most of the apps that we’ve introduced above have a free sign-up option, meaning you can try them before you subscribe.
What’s more, the likes of mScorecard plus provide a free scorecard for you to use without needing to upgrade at all.
So, if you’re keen to try a scorecard app but don’t want to pay for it, you’re spoiled for choice.
What is the best golf score app?
In general, based on overall features, the GolfStatus app is the most impressive of all the apps for keeping score on the golf course,
This is due to its functionality and design, as well as the awesome features within. Given that it’s free to download, it’s definitely worth a try if you’re looking to make your life a lot easier when you’re out on the course.
How do you keep track of your golf score?
The best way to keep track of your golf score is by downloading an official app from Google Play or Apple Store that records your score as you go along.
Of course, if you’re a traditionalist at heart, you could always grab a pencil and a scorecard and mark your score the old-school way.
But given how far technology has come in recent times, you have the perfect opportunity to use tech to your advantage to keep track of your golf score.
Easy to Use Golf Scoring Apps to Download
As present-day golfers, we’re truly spoiled for choice when it comes to the technology at our disposal.
It’s frightening to think how good Jack Nicklaus and Ben Hogan would have been if they had the same access to the tools we use today!
The best golf scorecard apps to download for Apple and Android will make your life easier out on the course and ensure you can focus on playing your best golf without having to worry about tracking your score.