Are you on the lookout for a golf cart for sale in the state of Colorado?
If so, the good news is that there are so many buying options available, with a range of trusted dealers and private sellers offering a collection of new and used carts to suit various budgets.
In this guide, we tell you everything you need to know about buying a golf cart in Colorado, whether you’re looking for a top-of-the-range Club Car or a pre-used EZ-Go model.
We begin by introducing you to some of the most trusted golf cart dealers in the state, to help you initiate your research into what type of carts are available.
- 1 Golf Cart Dealers in Colorado
- 2 Private Golf Cart Sales in CO
- 3 Golf Cart Craigslist Colorado Ads
- 4 Buying Golf Carts on eBay in Colorado
- 5 Looking on Facebook for Golf Carts in CO
- 6 What Makes a Golf Cart Street Legal in Colorado?
Golf Cart Dealers in Colorado
If you’re planning to invest thousands of your hard-earned dollars into a golf cart in Colorado, you need to make sure you’ve done your research.
The best place to start is by checking out the dealers that we’ve listed, as they have years of experience in supplying a range of personal and commercial carts across the state.
|Master Quality Carts||218 S Limit Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80905||(719) 448-0742||masterqualitycarts.com|
|Masek Golf Cars of Colorado||5345 Newport Street, Commerce City, CO 80022||(303) 952-7400||masekgolfcars.com|
|Colorado Golf & Turf||11757 S Wadsworth Blvd, Littleton, CO 80125||(303) 761-3332||cologolfandturf.net|
|Golf Cart Doctor||1073 S Ironton Street, Aurora, CO 80012||(720) 350-2600||golfcartdoctor.com|
Master Quality Carts Inc.
Address: 218 S Limit Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Phone: (719) 448-0742
Situated in Colorado Springs, Master Quality Carts Inc. is an experienced dealer in new, used and modified golf carts.
They have a range of customized carts from manufacturers such as EZ-Go and Club Car and also offer spare parts and repair service, should anything go wrong with your cart.
You can also take advantage of their cart rental service if you wish to try before you buy.
Masek Golf Cars of Colorado
Address: 5345 Newport Street, Commerce City, CO 80022
Phone: (303) 952-7400
With showrooms in both Colorado and Nebraska, Masek Golf Carts is a trusted and reliable dealer in top-of-the-range Yamaha golf carts.
That being said, their new carts are also supplemented by a number of pre-owned Yamaha models, giving you the best of both worlds when it comes to choosing which to buy.
They have a number of positive reviews on Google, and their customer care and repair service are highly vouched for.
A great option for golf carts in Commerce City.
Colorado Golf & Turf
Address: 11757 S Wadsworth Blvd, Littleton, CO 80125
Phone: (303) 761-3332
As stockists of a wide variety of golf carts and utility vehicles, their 10,000 square ft. showroom in Colorado offers you the chance to check out a huge range of new and used carts from trusted manufacturers like Club Car.
If you’re looking for a choice, Colorado Golf & Turf is your best bet in the whole state, as there are so many carts to choose from.
They also have a ‘build your own cart’ service, which makes the modification process straightforward, if you want to really impress your buddies on the course.
Golf Cart Doctor Inc
Address: 1073 S Ironton Street, Aurora, CO 80012
Phone: (720) 350-2600
Having developed a stellar reputation throughout Denver and the surrounding areas since 2000 when it comes to golf cart repairs, Golf Cart Doctor Inc also boasts a good range of pre-owned and new carts for sale.
As a fully authorized Yamaha dealer, their new carts are impressive and varied and include several models and colors.
If you don’t want a new model, you can also check out their used collection and cart accessories, as they have a good range of carts in stock to suit all budgets.
When you buy a golf cart from a dealer, your purchase will come with some type of warranty or guarantee.
This means that should anything go wrong with your cart when you’re out on the course, you can return it to the dealer who will help you solve the issue.
What’s more, these Colorado dealers stock almost every model of gas and electric golf cart imaginable, including top brands like Yamaha, Club Car, and EZ-Go, as well as a range of modified and custom carts that are extremely high spec.
Given this huge variety, you will almost certainly find something to suit your budget, so it’s a good idea to begin your search for a golf cart for sale in Colorado by visiting a trusted dealer.
Private Golf Cart Sales in CO
That being said, you can also consider the private market when you’re looking for a golf cart in Colorado.
Whether you live in Denver, Colorado Springs, or Aurora, you will be able to find a decent range of golf carts listed by private sellers.
Of course, buying a golf cart from a private seller is more of a risk than buying from a dealer, as you usually don’t have any guarantee of quality, and you’re stuck if something goes wrong.
However, you can sometimes find a great deal on the private market, so it’s definitely worth checking out online marketplaces when searching for a golf cart for sale in Colorado.
Here are some things to look out for when looking for a golf cart on three of the most popular online marketplaces in the state.
Golf Cart Craigslist Colorado Ads
Most people jump straight onto Craigslist when they’re looking for used items for sale.
And it’s undoubtedly a good place to begin your search for a golf cart from a private seller in Colorado.
The fact that you can easily search for carts via your location means you can easily browse carts for sale in your local area.
However, when buying on Craigslist, you need to be responsible and employ a healthy dose of common sense when making an expensive purchase!
Here are some things to consider:
- Arrange a viewing and test drive in a public place before agreeing to the purchase. It’s a good idea to take a friend or family member along with you.
- It’s always a good idea to use cash when buying from Craigslist. Consider taking a deposit along with you, and then return to the seller at a later date with the remaining balance before taking the cart home with you.
- Ask for a receipt and purchase history. You want to ensure you legally own the cart, so make sure you ask the seller for a detailed receipt, as well as any previous transaction records if possible.
Buying Golf Carts on eBay in Colorado
If you’ve built up a good buyer’s profile on eBay, you might want to utilize it to purchase a golf cart in Colorado.
After all, eBay offers additional protection to buyers, particularly when it comes to product specifications and payment protection.
Even so, you still need to exercise caution when completing a large transaction on eBay, as scammers do lurk on the platform.
Here are some tips to consider if you’re hoping to buy a golf cart via eBay in Colorado:
- If it’s too good to be true, it probably is! If you’ve found a top-of-the-range Yamaha cart on eBay for $2,000, when its RRP should be nearer $10,000, something is amiss. Trust your instincts when buying on eBay, and if it’s too good to be true, look elsewhere.
- Only transact with buyers who have a credible profile and a decent amount of feedback. You shouldn’t risk buying from a seller who doesn’t have a proven track record on eBay, particularly when making a large purchase.
- If there aren’t sufficient photographs listed, ask for more before agreeing to a purchase. You want to make sure the cart is in the condition described and also ask to see the battery and any other key components. Be as thorough as possible.
Looking on Facebook for Golf Carts in CO
If you’ve had no luck finding a used golf cart for sale in Colorado via Craigslist or eBay, your next port of call might be the Facebook marketplace.
Out of the three, Facebook is probably the platform on which the most could potentially go wrong.
This is because it’s difficult to verify the identity of sellers on Facebook, and you have to rely on their profile and your gut instinct.
That being said, there are a number of things you can do to ensure you’re protected when approaching a private seller on Facebook, including:
- Ask about the history of the cart – it’s important to know where the cart came from and what condition it’s in before arranging a viewing. You don’t want to turn up somewhere only to be disappointed that it’s not what you expected.
- Ask for a test drive – it’s reasonable to want to test drive the golf cart before agreeing to buy it. If they’re not willing to let you walk away.
- Compare the private seller’s price with that of a trusted dealer – be wary if the price is markedly lower or more expensive than a dealer, as there may be something amiss.
What Makes a Golf Cart Street Legal in Colorado?
If you’re buying a golf cart for use exclusively at your golf club, you can skip this section.
However, it’s helpful to know that golf carts are street-legal in Colorado.
To drive on the street, you must have a valid driver’s license, and you mustn’t exceed speeds of 15mph.
You’re not allowed to drive at night, either, unless your cart has reflectors and a headlamp.
Also, your cart should be equipped with parking brakes, rearview mirrors, windshields, seat belts, and vehicle identification numbers if you intend to use it on the street.
For more information about the laws surrounding golf cart use in Colorado, click here.
After reading this post, we hope you’re now perfectly positioned to purchase your golf cart in Colorado.
Whether you opt for a brand-new Yamaha model from a trusted dealer in Denver, or go for a used Club Car from a private seller in Aurora, be sure to employ common sense and do your research in advance.
Because there are so many golf carts for sale in Colorado from different sellers, it’s important that you first get an idea of what represents good value for money before proceeding with a purchase.
Regardless of whether you decide to buy your cart from a dealer or private seller, we hope you find what you’re looking for! With so much choice, your hardest decision is deciding which make, and model are best suited to your needs.