Table of Content
LSV, short for “Low-Speed Vehicles,” is a type of vehicle that falls under the umbrella of golf carts and NEVs (Neighborhood Electric Vehicles).
These versatile vehicles are not only perfect for cruising around the golf course, but they also serve as convenient transportation options for vacations and day-to-day activities.
One of the notable advantages of LSVs is their affordability when it comes to maintenance. Additionally, their compact size and nimble maneuverability make them a joy to drive.
But what exactly sets an LSV apart from a regular golf cart? Well, an LSV is designed to meet specific safety standards and regulations, which allow them to be road-legal in certain areas.
This means that you can use an LSV to navigate designated roads and streets, expanding its usability beyond just recreational purposes.
If you’re interested in purchasing an LSV or in need of spare parts, there are various avenues to explore. Many reputable dealerships offer a wide range of LSV models, allowing you to choose the one that suits your needs and preferences.
Additionally, you can also find authorized distributors who specialize in LSVs and can provide you with genuine spare parts and accessories.
Curious to know more about LSVs and how they compare to traditional golf carts? Look no further! We’ve got all the answers and details you’re seeking.
Our comprehensive LSV golf cart guide will take you on an in-depth journey, providing you with valuable insights and information until the very end.
So, buckle up and embark on this exciting adventure as we delve into the world of LSVs and explore their unique features and benefits.
1. What is an LSV Golf Cart?
An LSV golf cart is a certified vehicle that can be used on the golf course to transport players from hole to hole.
According to a legal definition, a Low-Speed Vehicle (LSV) is a vehicle with four wheels, with maximum speed in the range of 20 – 25 miles per hour, on a paved level surface.
An LSV has to have a maximum load limited to 3,000 pounds (including accessories, passengers, and its own frame). These vehicles are usually road-legal and used by authorities for different purposes as well.
LSVs look like normal golf carts but have different features and configurations. Lightweight configuration means great fuel consumption, hence these are preferred vehicles for recreational driving and light commercial hauling.
These types of vehicles are becoming quite common, owing to the utility and convenience they offer. Very economical to maintain, and no need to have a license to take an LSV for a ride on private land.
2. LSV vs Regular Golf Cart – What’s the Difference?
The primary distinction between the two vehicles lies in the fact that an LSV is considered road-legal according to federal law. While these vehicle types may appear similar at first glance, they possess several noticeable differences.
These variations encompass aspects such as speed limits, powertrain, overall construction and configurations, safety standards, and pricing.
Additionally, motor authorities highlight numerous other disparities that exist between LSVs and golf carts. However, it is crucial to emphasize specific dissimilarities for potential buyers and enthusiasts, enabling them to make informed decisions during their purchase.
It is worth noting that LSVs generally carry a higher price tag compared to regular golf carts. Furthermore, LSVs have a legal weight limit of 3,000 pounds, while golf carts do not. By definition, low-speed vehicles have the capability to be road-legal.
3. How Much Does an LSV Golf Cart Cost?
In the market, all manufacturers offer LSV golf carts at varying prices based on the features and accessories included with the vehicle. When looking for a new model in the US, you can expect the price range to be between $8,000 and $11,000.
To give you a better idea, here are some popular LSV golf carts along with their respective prices:
- Club Car – Villager 2, a reliable option priced at $9,500.
- EZ-GO – 2Five, a feature-rich choice priced at $11,000.
- Yamaha – Drive 2, offering a balance of performance and affordability at $10,000.
- Tomberlin – E-Merge E2, a stylish and efficient model priced at $10,000.
- Star EV – Sirius, a top-tier option with advanced features priced at $11,000.
These options provide a variety of choices to suit different preferences and budgets when it comes to LSV golf carts.
4. Does EZ-GO Make an LSV?
Yes, EZ-GO is a renowned manufacturer of high-quality golf carts and boasts a flagship LSV in its impressive portfolio.
Meet the EZ-GO 2Five electric cart, a true game-changer that has gained significant traction in the market thanks to its golf-centric features and exceptional value for money.
This remarkable vehicle is proudly manufactured in Georgia, US.
Let’s delve into the outstanding features and specifications that set the EZ-GO 2Five apart:
- Equipped with a powerful 48-volt Electric drivetrain and cutting-edge batteries.
- Crafted with a smart and lightweight aluminum body frame, ensuring optimal performance.
- Enjoy enhanced safety and convenience with the rear-view backup camera.
- Illuminate your path with the headlights, taillights, and LED turn signals.
- Experience superior braking power with the 4-wheel disc brakes, which also feature regenerative braking.
With the EZ-GO 2Five, you’ll discover a new level of excellence that combines innovation, functionality, and style.
EZ-GO 2Five is one of the best LSV golf carts available for purchase right now and has good features to meet both golf course and on-road vehicle requirements.
5. Who Else Makes SV Golf Carts?
In addition to EZ-GO, there are several other manufacturers that produce golf cart LSVs, each offering different powertrain options, features, accessories, and price points. These notable manufacturers include Club Car, Tomberlin, Yamaha, and Star EV.
Each manufacturer offers a range of LSVs with unique options and configurations. Let’s take a closer look at the offerings from these brands:
- Club Car: They offer the Villager 2 LSV in two electric powertrain variants, both providing exceptional performance.
- Tomberlin: Known for their craftsmanship, Tomberlin manufactures two impressive LSVs: the E-MERGE E2 GT and the E-MERGE SS. Both models boast remarkable specifications and upgraded equipment, proudly made in Florida.
- Yamaha: Yamaha introduces the Drive 2, available in two trims with both gas-powered and electric powertrain options, providing versatility to meet different preferences.
- Star EV: For those seeking luxury, Star EV presents the Sirius, a high-end LSV featuring LED headlights, a locking trunk, and a front console equipped with convenient cup holders, among many other premium features.
Explore these offerings to find the perfect LSV that meets your needs and preferences.
6. How Fast Do LSV Golf Carts Go?
Although not specifically designed for breaking speed records or achieving top speeds on the tarmac, Low-Speed Vehicles (LSVs) do have certain speed limits and performance configurations.
All LSVs are required to comply with the speed limit of 20-25 mph, as set by motor authorities. However, it is possible to enhance their performance through aftermarket modifications.
When it comes to LSV golf carts, they must adhere to the mandated 25 mph speed limit, which they can easily achieve. For instance, the Tomberlin E-MERGE E2 GT is a fast LSV that can accelerate from 0 to 25 mph in just 6 seconds.
To further enhance the acceleration and torque for better performance, several modifications can be made, including:
- Using a high-powered battery pack to provide more energy.
- Upgrading the motor to improve torque output.
- Enhancing the high-speed controller of the cart for optimized performance.
- Equipping the LSV with sports tires and low-body kits to enhance stability and aerodynamics.
- Keeping the weight of the vehicle to a minimum to maximize power-to-weight ratio and overall performance.
By incorporating these modifications, LSVs can experience improved acceleration, enhanced torque, and overall better performance on the road.
7. LSV for Sale – Best Places to Buy?
If you’re in the market for a used Low-Speed Vehicle (LSV), there are several avenues you can explore to find the perfect one. One of the most recommended approaches is to consider purchasing a certified pre-owned LSV from an authorized dealer.
This option provides the advantage of knowing that the vehicle has undergone a thorough inspection, ensuring any faults or malfunctions have been addressed.
Authorized dealerships also offer the benefit of a limited warranty on these sales, providing added peace of mind with your purchase. This extra layer of protection can be invaluable when investing in a used vehicle.
Aside from authorized dealerships, there are other options to consider as well. Private dealers, online platforms such as Facebook Marketplace, eBay, and Craigslist offer a wide range of choices.
However, it’s important to exercise caution when dealing with private sellers and online platforms. Before finalizing any transaction, it’s advisable to have the LSV inspected by a trusted mechanic to ensure its condition and functionality.
By exploring these various avenues, you can access a multitude of options and find the perfect used LSV that meets your specific requirements. Take your time, do your research, and make an informed decision to ensure a satisfying purchase experience.
8. What is the Best LSV Golf Cart?
Currently, the Star EV Sirius stands as the undisputed champion among LSV golf carts available for purchase. Its unrivaled, high-specced features and impeccably smooth driving performance set it apart from the competition.
However, it’s worth noting that several esteemed US manufacturers also produce exceptional LSVs, each with their own unique features and specifications tailored to cater to specific needs.
Check out the video below where you can see this vehicle in action:
When it comes to choosing the perfect vehicle, the onus falls on the buyers themselves to carefully select the LSV that aligns best with their individual requirements and preferences.
Let’s delve deeper into the remarkable features that make the Star EV Sirius one of the frontrunners in the LSV market:
- High-definition colored digital display: Experience crystal-clear visuals and intuitive controls at your fingertips.
- Customizable and locking glove box: Keep your personal belongings secure and organized with this convenient storage space.
- Tinted windshields with upgraded heat protection: Stay cool and shielded from the sun’s rays while enjoying a pleasant ride.
- Adjustable seats with ample support: Find your perfect position and enjoy optimal comfort during your golf cart adventures.
- 4 cup holders: Stay hydrated and ensure your favorite beverages are always within reach.
- High-powered LED headlights: Illuminate your path with confidence, even in low-light conditions.
- Ambient lighting and 12-V outlet: Create a captivating atmosphere and conveniently charge your devices on the go.
- Locking cooler and rear-view camera: Keep your refreshments chilled and navigate with ease, thanks to these thoughtful additions.
- Upgraded independent suspension: Enjoy a smoother and more comfortable ride, even on uneven terrains.
With its array of exceptional features, the Star EV Sirius continues to make a lasting impression on discerning LSV enthusiasts, setting the bar high in terms of quality and performance.
A Low-Speed Vehicle (LSV), also known as a road-legal golf cart, is a type of vehicle that comes with specific specifications and is permitted to travel on public roads.
With a speed limit typically ranging between 20-25 mph and a maximum weight capacity of 3,000 lbs, LSVs are designed to provide convenient transportation options within certain limits.
The market offers a wide range of LSV models from various manufacturers, each with its own unique specifications and configurations.
These vehicles often come with a price range of $7,500 to $11,000, offering better safety features and amenities compared to regular golf carts.
When considering purchasing an LSV, it is recommended to visit an authorized dealership. Opting for a certified pre-owned vehicle can provide additional peace of mind, as these vehicles undergo thorough inspections by factory technicians before being put up for sale.
Although they may come with a slightly higher price tag, the assurance of reliability makes it a worthwhile investment.
By choosing an LSV from a reputable source, you can enjoy the benefits of a road-legal golf cart, combining convenience, safety, and peace of mind in your transportation choice.