When it comes to choosing which golf clubs to play, your attention is probably drawn to offerings by the likes of Callaway, Taylor Made, and Titleist. So, who on earth is LAZRUS Golf?
Well, operating online and with a trusted presence on the biggest shopping platform, LAZRUS manufacture and distribute “direct-to-consumer” golf clubs, which essentially means they bring you high-quality clubs at a fraction of the cost of the biggest brands in golf.
With wedges, irons, and hybrids available, we take a closer look at LAZRUS clubs in this post and ascertain whether or not the brand represents good value for money.
We explain why buying LAZRUS clubs might just be a smart move for your golf game and finances!
LAZRUS Premium Forged Golf Wedge Set for Men
Claiming to be of ‘pro quality without the price,’ LAZRUS wedges have certainly received lots of great feedback in the form of online reviews.
Their wedge offering is comprehensive, and you can choose from silver, black, or rainbow-colored wedges that can be bought either individually or as a set.
For instance, a right-handed set of silver LAZRUS wedges includes a 52, 56, and 60-degree wedge and is available for between $100 – $137 (there are several purchase options).
The wedges are designed with a micro-milled face, which is perfect for generating spin and offers great consistency no matter the surface you’re dialing in from.
- Incredible value for money. You can pick up a whole set of LAZRUS wedges for the price you would pay for one wedge from a different brand.
- Consistently great reviews online from happy customers.
- Some players might find the wedges heavier than what they’re used to.
- LAZRUS isn’t one of the most recognizable brands in golf, which may be off-putting to those that pay attention to brand appeal!
Overall Review Rating for the LAZRUS Premium Forged Golf Wedge Set
LAZRUS wedges are suited to golfers at all levels of the game.
However, if you’re a beginner and are transitioning from a basic set of clubs and looking to add some variation to your bag, opting for LAZRUS wedges is a cost-effective way to expand your game and increase your confidence around the greens.
LAZRUS Golf Premium Hybrid Golf Clubs for Men
Given the incredible price of LAZRUS wedges, you perhaps won’t be surprised to hear that the company’s hybrid clubs boast a truly unbelievable price, at under $45 per hybrid!
You can order LAZRUS hybrids individually, and you can choose to add the following to your bag: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW.
The spec of 2-6 hybrid clubs are as follows:
- 2 hybrid – 15 degrees, 41’ length.
- 3 hybrid – 18 degrees, 40.5’ length.
- 4 hybrid – 21 degrees, 40’ length.
- 5 hybrid – 24 degrees, 39.5 lengths.
- 6 hybrid – 27 degrees, 39’ length.
Like the wedges, they’re available for both right and left-handers and come in black or silver.
All LAZRUS hybrids comprise a graphite shaft and, frankly, look absolutely stunning!
And again, the product reviews back up the company’s claim that these clubs don’t compromise on quality. Let’s look at some of the pros and cons.
- Great quality hybrids for just $40 per club – this is undoubtedly one of the best prices around.
- Particularly when bought in black, the LAZRUS hybrids look extremely stylish and are a great addition to any bag.
- Some players have complained that the paint scratches easily, even when playing the club predominantly from the fairway.
- No headcovers are included, which may also affect the durability of the clubs if you don’t invest in some separately.
Overall Review Rating for the LAZRUS Hybrids Clubs
Anyone who’s having trouble playing their long irons could benefit from trying out LAZRUS hybrids.
You can essentially pick up 4-5 LAZRUS clubs for the same price that you would buy one from some of the biggest names in golf, and judging by the reviews, they do a fairly similar job for most golfers.
LAZRUS Premium Golf Irons
If you prefer irons to hybrids, then LAZRUS has you covered.
You can opt for driving irons (2 & 3) or select a set comprising of irons 4 through pitching wedge. It’s up to you whether you buy them individually or as a set.
At present, a 4-PW set retails at $277.00, while you can pick up a single iron at under $70.
Again, this represents exceptional value for money for anyone looking to buy a new set of irons without breaking the bank.
The irons are made from alloy steel and the lengths and lofts are as follows:
- 2 iron – 16 degrees loft, 39.5’ length.
- 3 iron – 19 degrees loft, 39’ length.
- 4 iron – 22 degrees loft, 38.5’ length.
- 5 iron – 25 degrees loft, 38’ length.
- 6 iron – 28 degrees loft, 37.5’ length.
- 7 iron – 31 degrees loft, 37’ length.
- 8 iron – 35 degrees loft, 36.5’ length.
- 9 iron – 39 degrees loft, 36’ length.
- PW – 45 degrees loft, 35.5’ length.
Now you know the specs, let’s see what’s positive and potentially negative about LAZRUS irons.
- Again, it’s hard not to be impressed by the price of LAZRUS clubs! You can pick up a set of irons for under $300, which is ideal if you don’t have a great deal to invest in clubs.
- The irons are cavity-backed and ideal for mid-high handicappers who struggle to hit bladed irons.
- In spite of the publication of club-lengths, some players have found them short when compared to other irons.
- The grips aren’t perhaps as good as you would expect from your irons, and you may wish to customize them.
Overall Review Rating for the LAZRUS Premium Golf Irons
LAZRUS premium irons are perhaps best suited to mid-high handicap players and beginners.
They’re forgiving, inexpensive, and built to the correct specifications.
They will also make a great spare set if you want to keep a set of clubs at home and another set in your locker, for instance.
LAZRUS Premium Sand Wedge
The premium sand wedge comes either as 58 or 65-degrees, so you will need to decide on your desired loft before settling on a purchase.
And like every other LAZRUS product, the sand wedge is attractively priced at under $50.
The sand wedge comes with a milled face to help you execute spin when playing out of the bunker, and the shafts are made from stainless steel.
It offers decent bounce and carry, too, and is a great option to have in your bag for various instances when you haven’t quite made the green in regulation. So, what about its good and bad points?
- One of the cheapest sand wedges around at under $50.
- The club has a nice weight and is milled extremely well, meaning you should have no problems getting up and down with it.
- Some players have been concerned that the shaft is too flexible, particularly when compared to other sand wedges.
- The wedge might feel slightly heavier to you than others you’ve used in the past.
Overall Review Rating for the LAZRUS Premium Sand Wedge
The LAZRUS sand wedge is ideally suited to mid-high handicappers who are looking to increase their confidence around the green.
With a choice of loft, you can tailor the club to your preferences and ensure you no longer need to dread your approach play from <70 yards.
FAQs: Who Are LAZRUS? (and Other Questions Answered)
Just who is LAZRUS and is their golf equipment any good? Let’s help you out with some handy facts about this golf company.
Who Makes LAZRUS Golf Clubs?
LAZRUS golf clubs are made by LAZRUS. They’re a direct-to-consumer brand, meaning they cut down the number of people and companies involved in the production and retailing of the clubs, which ultimately enables them to offer clubs at much lower prices than you usually see on the market.
Are LAZRUS Golf Club Sets Good?
Given the low cost and high specifications that LAZRUS golf clubs are made to, it’s fair to say that they’re really good golf clubs. This is based predominantly on the thousands of positive reviews online and also because the clubs are built with players of varying abilities in mind.
If you starting out or want try out a new name then you can’t really go wrong with a club set from this cheap going brand.
Are LAZRUS Wedges Good?
LAZRUS wedges are good for golfers looking for more control and accuracy around the greens. The fact that they’re cavity-backed makes them forgiving, and players of all abilities can use them while they’re out on the course.
They also ship with a 30-day on-the-course guarantee means you can return them with no questions asked if you don’t have a good feel for them.
Are LAZRUS Irons Good?
LAZRUS irons are generally high-quality and built to USGA specs. They’re an excellent option for any player looking to buy a new set of irons without spending a huge sum of money. LAZRUS issues a one-year warranty as standard with all irons purchased.
This offers peace of mind if they don’t quite live up to your expectations.
The Final Verdict on LAZRUS Golf
Good value and built to high standards. Pretty cool eh?
While you won’t see LAZRUS golf clubs on tour, they’re an excellent option for mid-high handicap golfers who are looking to purchase new equipment without breaking the bank.
For less than $300 for a set of irons and under $50 for individual wedges and hybrids, you will struggle to find comparable quality golf clubs for such an attractive price.
The bottom line with LAZRUS clubs is that you can buy them in confidence either from their website or on online shopping sites and set about improving your golf game with these cheap, budget-friendly clubs.