Are you one of those golfers often first out or last into the clubhouse? If so, you almost certainly know the struggle of losing your golf ball in the bad light!
But thanks to the invention of glow-in-the-dark golf balls, you no longer need to spend an eternity looking for your golf balls when the sun isn’t up to assist you.
In this guide, we introduce five different golf balls that light up and explain the features, pros, and cons of each so you can add some glow-in-the-dark golf balls to your bag which will help you on those mornings or evenings when you’ve decided to play golf in the dark!
- 1. THIODOON Glow in the Dark Golf Balls
- 2. VTRETU LED Golf Balls Colored
- 3. BattlePulse Glow Golf Balls with Mesh Bag
- 4. Crestgolf Flashing Glowing Golf Ball
- 5. R&L Glow in the Dark Golf Balls
- FAQs: Your Questions Answered!
- Do Light-Up Golf Balls Work?
- How Long Do Glow Golf Balls Last?
- Are Glow in The Dark Golf Balls Good?
- Now You Can Play Golf 24/7 with Glow in the Dark Balls!
1. THIODOON Glow in the Dark Golf Balls
Thiodoon’s glow-in-the-dark golf balls do exactly what you would expect from them – they help you see your ball in the dark!
If you’ve teed off late in the afternoon and are struggling to finish the last whole after the sun has already set, then these LED balls are precisely what you need to finish the eighteenth!
But what are they like in practice? Let’s find out now.
- Internal LED lights in six different colors that promise at least eight minutes of consecutive light
- The LED light has been designed to last for forty hours, which means you can play the golf ball up to 800 times
- The light is activated by a timer when you strike the ball, which automatically resets itself when the eight-minute time slot has elapsed
Six balls of different colors included in the box
LED light is super bright, meaning you no longer have to worry about losing your golf ball in the dark!
- From a golf perspective, don’t expect a great deal of distance control or spin from these golf balls
If you regularly find yourself finishing your round after dark, then add a sleeve of these multicolored LED light golf balls to your bag, and you certainly won’t regret it!
2. VTRETU LED Golf Balls Colored
These golf balls from VTRETU are very similar to Thiodoon’s range and are ideal for adding to your bag to complete the occasional game after dark.
They, too, last for eight-minute spells and can be hit up to 800 times with forty-hour battery life.
So, whether you’re teeing off or just putting out as the sun sets, there’s no need to rush your golf game with a sleeve of these in your bag!
- Six different colors with LED lights within
- 3-layer USGA-conforming golf ball design
- Very firm golf balls that can be used as standard balls when the LED lights no longer work
- Perfect for adding to your bag if you regularly play twilight golf
- USGA conforming, meaning you can use them in club competitions if you wish
- Many players agree that these balls are rock hard, which makes it difficult to control the ball around the green
Like Thiodoon’s multicolored golf balls, these balls from VTRETU are a great addition to the bag if you regularly find yourself out on the golf course when the sun has already set.
3. BattlePulse Glow Golf Balls with Mesh Bag
Another great option for the nighttime golfers among us is these super-bright multicolored balls from BattlePulse, which come in a handy mesh bag.
The six balls within can be used multiple times and light up as soon as you make contact with them, staying bright for up to ten minutes at a time before resetting themselves.
As with others, they conform to USGA and R&A specifications, meaning you can play them as you finish up a club tournament if your round has been a little slow throughout the afternoon.
- USGA and R&A approved golf balls that can be used in competitions
- Six different colors with LED lights installed that light up for ten minutes at a time: blue, pink, red, orange, white, and neon green.
- Extended battery life of each ball is up to fifty hours
- The balls come with a handy mesh carrier that you can use to keep these balls separate from your conventional golf balls
- Six different colors in one sleeve make them perfect for the whole family
- Like other golf balls that light up, these balls are harder than standard balls and are not ideal if you’re looking for a ball with a soft feel
With slightly longer battery life than the other LED golf balls introduced so far, BattlePulse’s glow golf balls are perhaps our top pick at this stage!
4. Crestgolf Flashing Glowing Golf Ball
You’re truly spoiled for choice when it comes to selecting golf balls that glow in the dark, and you can add Crestgolf’s glowing balls to your list.
These synthetic golf balls are available in six awesome colors including yellow, orange, green, red, blue, white, and pink.
You don’t need to worry about them hiding under the long grass when you take to the course at night!
They will stay lit for at least eight minutes, giving you plenty of time to follow up your tee shot and play into the green when the sun is no longer at your back.
- 2 LED lights within the golf balls are activated upon impact with your club
- The golf ball will stay alight for eight minutes and has a battery life of fifty hours
- USGA & R&A conforming, meaning you can use them no matter whether you’re playing recreational or competition golf
- Very bright golf balls that glow for 8-10 minutes, making them ideal when playing from tee to green
- Longer battery life than some other glow-in-the-dark golf balls, meaning they should last for a little longer
- Several reviewers agree that there are some issues with the timing mechanism on Crestgolf’s LED lights, which causes them to light up at different junctures
Another solid option for golfers who regularly pay after dark, Crestgolf’s glow-in-the-dark golf balls are a great addition to your golf bag if you’re looking to extend your playing hours.
5. R&L Glow in the Dark Golf Balls
Last but not least are these glow-in-the-dark golf balls from R&L.
Offering up to 2100 minutes of playing time in the dark, these golf balls enable you to tee up and get your round underway no matter the time of day or night!
One of the most attractive features about these balls is that they’re a lot softer than some of the other glow-in-the-dark golf balls introduced in this article, which is ideal for golfers looking for a little more control over their golf game in the dark!
- Softer core offers golfers more control over these balls when compared to other light-up golf balls
- Extremely bright LED golf balls that can be spotted from a long distance out on the course
- They stay alight for up to eight minutes at a time and the LED light within is activated when you strike the ball
- Six different LED colors mean they’re ideal for a group of golfers playing together
- Tournament legal so you can play them in official club matches
- Players agree that you lose distance when compared to normal golf balls – anywhere between 10-20 yards off the tee
If you’re looking for a glow-in-the-dark golf ball that enables you to play some shots in the dark, then R&L’s light-up golf balls are well worthy of your consideration.
FAQs: Your Questions Answered!
For more information on glow-in-the-dark golf balls check out our useful FAQ guide below which provides answers to some of the questions you might have.
Do Light-Up Golf Balls Work?
Yes, light up golf balls do work. These types of golf balls light up automatically upon impact and stay alight for anywhere between eight and ten minutes. The balls typically have a battery life of between 40-50 hours and the battery cannot be replaced once it dies.
If you still have these golf balls in your bag after the battery has died, you can use them as practice balls out on the range, as they’re a lot harder than standard golf balls.
How Long Do Glow Golf Balls Last?
Most glow golf balls have a battery life of between 40-50 hours. This equates, according to the manufacturers, to around 800 shots. Therefore, if you were to use the golf ball for an entire standard round, that would give you approximately ten full rounds of golf before the batteries die.
But because most people only use these balls once in a while, you should get a pretty good lifespan out of them and they should last for a couple of years in your bag without dying.
Are Glow in The Dark Golf Balls Good?
Glow in the dark golf balls are recommended for the purpose that they’re designed for. They light up as soon as you strike them and stay alight for a decent amount of time while you make your way to play your next shot.
Of course, they aren’t as high-performing as standard golf balls and are rock solid, but given that they’re not designed to be used for every single shot you make out on the course, they’re more than fit for purpose and are a great addition to the bag.
Now You Can Play Golf 24/7 with Glow in the Dark Balls!
If you’re a keen nighttime golfer, then you need to pick up a pack of these glow-in-the-dark golf balls to help your game.
With lots of different colors and long-lasting LED lights within, you can play several rounds of golf in the dark without having to worry about losing your golf balls in the long grass!
A perfect solution for any golfer who finds themselves out on the course after sunset.