All golfers need a decent collection of shorts before taking to the course. The most popular option for men is 7-inch inseam shorts, deemed an appropriate length to wear around the course.
Given the many designs, materials, and styles, we introduce you to five of the best seven-inch inseam golf shorts you can buy online.
We round things off with handy FAQs to help you pick the right shorts and ensure you look like a pro as you tee off this summer.
- 1. PGA Tour Men’s 7 Inch Flat Front Golf Shorts
- 2. Essentials Men’s Slim-Fit 7” Shorts
- 3. CRZ Yoga Men’s Stretch Golf Shorts 7″
- 4. Adidas 7-Inch Shorts
- 5. Goodthreads Men’s 7 inch Inseam Stretch Chino Shorts
- FAQs: Shorts for Golf!
- How Long Should Golf Shorts Be?
- Are Chubbies Good for Golf?
- How Do You Measure 7-Inch Shorts?
- The Best Looking, Comfortable Golf Shorts that Fit Well!
1. PGA Tour Men’s 7 Inch Flat Front Golf Shorts
These stylish men’s PGA Tour shorts are made from 98% polyester and 2% spandex. The material is ideal for those hot summer afternoons as you’re heading around the golf course.
Featuring Drfilux moisture-wicking and Sunflux sun protection, you don’t need to worry about a deterioration in quality, no matter how many times you wear them.
The fabric is also stretchy, meaning the shorts are a comfortable and flexible fit.
Available in various sizes and colors, you can grab a pair of these PGA Tour shorts and look like a true pro as you take to the course this weekend!
- Available in a range of colors and sizes
- Machine washable and long-lasting
- The active waistband and zipper closure
- The pockets are pretty deep, meaning they protrude out from underneath the shorts while you’re seated
If you’re looking for a pair of men’s 7-inch shorts to wear out on the golf course, these highly-rated PGA Tour flat-front shorts are the perfect option for you – they are comfortable, look great, and are machine washable!
2. Essentials Men’s Slim-Fit 7” Shorts
The Essentials range is known for its high quality and great prices, and these slim-fitting seven-inch golf shorts are no exception.
They’re also true to size, meaning you don’t have to order a size up to ensure they will fit.
With thirteen unique colors, these 100% cotton shorts are fitted through the hip and thigh with a tapered leg.
In other words, they will help you look smart as you take the course, and you don’t need to worry about breaking the clubhouse dress code!
The soft, lightweight, and breathable twill cotton ensures you won’t overheat on the golf course and will keep you cool, calm, and collected as you stand over your putt on the eighteenth to win the match!
- Amazon Essentials collection has an excellent reputation
- Zip fly with button closure for added comfort
- The shorts sit slightly below the waist – ideal for fashionistas!
- Several reviewers agree that these aren’t as slim fitting as they would have hoped, which is important to bear in mind if you’re going for this style.
You really can’t go wrong with Essentials. They’re of good quality, are available for a low price, and look great. Essentially, they tick all boxes!
3. CRZ Yoga Men’s Stretch Golf Shorts 7″
Another brand worth considering if you’re in the market for some new golf shorts is CRZ Yoga.
Their 92% polyamide and 8% spandex shorts are available in a seven or nine-inch length, which is ideal if you’re looking for something to cover your knees.
Another cool feature of these shorts is that they have multiple pockets, providing ample space for your tees, balls, pitch markers, and your phone and wallet.
Although they look reasonably casual, they’re ideal for the golf course.
The breathable fabric wicks away moisture and dries quickly. With four colors to choose from and available at a great price, these men’s golf shorts will help you look at the part at your local course.
- Lots of pocket space for all your golfing essentials
- Available in two lengths – 7 or 9 inch
- Not too formal, meaning you can use them on or off the golf course
- They’re only available in four standard colors, so you don’t get as much choice as you do from other brands
More and more golfers are choosing yoga golf shorts over conventional inseams. They stretch a little and the fabric will allow your skin to breathe, even in hot and sticky weather!
4. Adidas 7-Inch Shorts
If you love a big brand, you will adore these high-performance shorts from Adidas!
They boast a relaxed fit through the hips and thighs, guaranteeing your comfort on the course.
The lightweight stretch fabric is also ideal for those super hot mornings or afternoons, and they won’t stick to the top of your legs. We also love the secret ball pocket below the waistband, as it makes it nice and easy to set yourself up for your tee shot.
While they might be a tad more expensive than some of the other women’s shorts, Adidas is a brand you know you can trust, and they’re unlikely to wear out anytime soon!
- Super comfortable shorts for women golfers
- Lightweight, breathable material that makes playing golf in the summer no issue
- Available in several colors, providing you with lots of choices
- These Adidas shorts are a little pricey, but you get what you pay for!
Adidas is one of the most trusted names in golf apparel, and these stylish and comfortable women’s shorts are just what you’re looking for if you regularly play golf at the height of summer.
5. Goodthreads Men’s 7 inch Inseam Stretch Chino Shorts
Another cheap brand to consider is Goodthreads, which has a stellar reputation as a retailer of high-quality products at affordable prices.
These stretch chino shorts are made from 98% cotton and 2% spandex and come with front slant pockets and button-through back pockets.
In other words, there are plenty of places to keep all of your golfing essentials as you make your way around the course!
Available in so many colors (too many to name here!), you can grab several pairs of these highly-rated Goodthreads golf shorts to prepare your wardrobe for the arrival of the golf season.
- You can choose from more than 25 colors!
- Light and cool fabric, meaning you won’t overheat when playing golf
- They’re a great length and true to size
- Some customers have complained that the leg openings are a touch on the narrow side, which might not be ideal for those with slightly chunkier legs.
The best thing about these shorts from Goodthreads is that they’re available in many excellent colors!
But they’re also lightweight, stylish, and true to size, making them a great option for your golf wardrobe.
FAQs: Shorts for Golf!
What you need to know about golf shorts. Our FAQ guide will make sure you measure once and buy once!
How Long Should Golf Shorts Be?
For men of average height, golf shorts should be seven inches long. However, if you’re above six feet tall, you might find that seven inches are too short, and it would be a good idea to order a slightly longer length.
In simpler terms, you should aim for golf shorts that sit just above the knee.
It’s improper to play golf with your shorts up at your thighs. That being said, it’s equally as bad from an etiquette perspective to play in 3/4 length trousers.
To ensure you look the part on the golf course and don’t attract any accusatory glances from your fellow members, you should stick to seven-inch shorts to be on the safe side.
Helpfully, all of the shorts above fit the bill and are worth your consideration.
Are Chubbies Good for Golf?
Yes, you can wear chubbies shorts out on the golf course. As one of the most popular branded shorts out there, it’s little surprise that you’re interested in wearing your Chubbies as you take to the course!
Chubbies has a dedicated golf range that you can check out for yourself. We recommend ‘The Khakinators 7,’ which is the ideal length and style for the golf course.
They also retail various six-inch golf shorts within their golf range, but you should probably opt for the seven-inch shorts to be on the safe side.
After all, you don’t want to upset your club members by wearing the wrong attire!
How Do You Measure 7-Inch Shorts?
Short measurements are given by the inseam, not the entire length of the shorts. Therefore, grab a tape measure and start at the point where the crotch and leg seams meet. You can then work your way down and take the measurements to the point where the shorts hang down.
7-inch shorts are the ideal size for men of average height, around the 5’9 mark in the United States. You might get away with shorter shorts if you’re not quite this tall!
Ultimately, measuring the inseam is important when looking for golf shorts, as they should sit just above the knees.
The Best Looking, Comfortable Golf Shorts that Fit Well!
If you’re lucky enough to play golf in a part of the country where the sun is regularly shining, then you need to have a collection of shorts that will help you look the part out on the course!
The range of clothing we’ve introduced in our men’s 7-inch inseam golf shorts reviews is perfect for on and off-the-course use, so don’t hesitate to grab a couple of pairs before the golf season is once again upon us.